"Insanity!!..."


So I gave birth to our lovable son almost 2 months ago and now that I'm in the clear to work out, I decided that I'd start with a really challenging work out that would allow me to drop the weight as quickly as possible. Now anyone who knows me knows I HATE working out with a passion. After 20 minutes I want to quit and I'm always bored. If I'm not challenged then I'm definitely not going to continue the work out. For my other 2 pregnancies I didn't put in the effort to exercise after giving birth because at my 6 weeks check up not only did I drop the pregnancy weight, I was 10 pounds lighter than before getting pregnant due to breastfeeding. I was also able to keep that weight off, until now. I got pregnant with Chace and gained 40 pounds, now 6 weeks later I've only dropped 15 of the 40 pounds and I'm NOT happy with that. I go into my closet and I get upset that I can't fit into any of my size 4 jeans and I don't look nice in my cute tops. I'm forced to wear the clothes I bought during my pregnancy which lucky for me were regular clothes because I refused to buy all maternity clothes. So yesterday I decided to take the 60 days "Insanity" challenge and boy what a challenge it is. It's constant cardio and quick paced extreme action. It forces you to reach DEEP down inside your soul and push yourself to finish. The absolute best thing about this program for me is that I can't see myself getting bored because every minute has a different work out and its so fast paced that I'm forcing myself to keep up. Now of course it's only the second day of me working out but I loved the fact that I was drenched in sweat when I was done and I really felt like I got something accomplished when I was done. I can't wait to see what my body will look like at day 60 and I'll definitely keep blogging about the experience. I just hope I can keep up with the intensity.



The pic above shows the weight I'd like to get back to. I keep telling myself "size 4 jeans, size 4 jeans, size 4 jeans." That's my motivation to keep going with this work out. I've also decided to eat way healthier than normal which I'm already doing since I'm breastfeeding so hopefully by the end of the 60 days not only will I get my old weight back, I'll be healthier and more toned :)

Comments

Popular Posts