Funny Kiddy Story - "Dumb Dumb"


This story comes courtesy of Mekhi and Ethan when they were 6 and 3 yrs old. It was a school night so I told the boys to head to bed and naturally I went to my room to relax before bed. About 30 minutes after being told to go to bed both boys came into my room saying they couldn't sleep so of course I told them that they had to go to bed because they had school the next day. Mekhi then says "but I don't wanna go to school." First of all I was shocked because Mekhi is my little nerd, he LOVES getting school work so I was surprised to hear him say that. So I responded "Oh Mekhi, you have to go to school, only dumb dumbs don't go to school now go to bed." Ethan always the observant one chimes in "then where do dumb dumbs go?" I burst out laughing because he had such a cute, innocent yet confused look on his face, I mean he really wanted to know. I of course didn't know how to answer the question because I didn't think they were paying that much attention to what I was saying. So of course I responded "dumb dumbs don't go anywhere, they just stay home and get dumber and you don't want that right?" Luckily he bought it and went to bed.

Again, these are the moments I adore... :)

Comments

Popular Posts