Funny Kiddy Story - "Toast Anyone?"


This funny kiddy story comes courtesy of Ethan. When he was in his terrible 2 stages he decided that he wanted to test out our toaster one day. He was always a curious child as any child would be at that age I guess. I had made breakfast and toast was one of the items on the menu. After cleaning up, I decided to go take a shower to head out on the road to run some errands. Both kids were dressed and ready to go. I placed both kids in front of the TV with a program I knew they both enjoyed so I can take a shower without worrying about them. For some reason, call it mothers intuition, I didn't feel ok leaving them by themselves even though it was for a short time. Anyway, I finished up my bath and as soon as I get out of the shower I smelled something funny. It smelled like burnt toast. I hurried downstairs and ran into the kitchen and low and behold I see Ethan on his way down off the kitchen counter. On the counter I see my toaster with the entire bottom going up in flames. I panicked for a second trying to remember if I needed to add water to the fire or corn starch. I went with water and it worked. I was soooo lucky I didn't take a longer shower because it could've been worse. Of course little Ethan got "disciplined." I still have no idea how he even got up on the counter at his age and height but he was determined to get up there. Guess this is where his nick name "The Hulk" came into play. We gave him that name because he was an unbelievably strong baby, I'll write more on that some other time.

Anyway, apparently some left over crumbs were on the bottom of the toaster and he turned the knob on and actually sat and watched while the toaster went up in flames. I don't even know how he figured out which knob to turn especially since he shouldn't have been able to see the knob from his height level. I guess he paid attention to what happens in the kitchen more than I expected.

Moral of the story, never leave bread crumbs in the bottom of your toaster because you never know when it'll be too hot for the kitchen... ;)

Comments

Popular Posts