HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


We're about to head out to a friend's party to ring in the new yr with the fam and I wanted to make sure I summed up 2009 before heading out!

2009 had a lot of trials and tribulations but it also had a lot of great memories and new beginnings. I got to experience island life again since my childhood in Jamaica, all be it a different kind of island life especially with the food, it's still pretty similar especially with the beaches. My children got to experience a more relaxed and content environment, they became social butterflies which is something I've always wanted for them. We got 2 new additions in our family - my sweet, precious, cute and adorable baby boy Chace and our rambunctious but cute and cuddly shih tzu named Chip.

We had to say good bye to our home and friends in Cali but with that we learned that they were lifetime friends because even though we no longer get to see them on a daily basis, they will always be great friends because you just can't replace friends like them. We did however gain a whole new set of friends and only time will tell if they will indeed be lifetime friends but so far so good. :) We also said goodbye to sweater, boots and pants weather and said hello to flip flops, wrap skirts, spaghetti straps and beach dresses weather which is sweet (for the most part). I had to say goodbye to the possibility of going on auditions on a regular basis but got the opportunity to jump back into my writing, something years in the making but very well worth it. We said good bye to our lovely home church "In His Presence Church" in Woodland Hills, CA but gained another set of spiritual family in "Word of Life Christian Center" located in Honolulu, HI. So basically for us the saying "when one door closes, somewhere another one opens," definitely applies to our life in 2009. Is that the actual saying? It kinda looks weird or sounds off but you get my drift. lol!

2009 was a time for transitions and transformations within our family so 2010 will be a time to fine tune and buckle down on what we started in 09. What a long list of to do's we have but a very exciting and progressive list. I can't wait to see what God has in store for the Ellingtons. No matter what, it will be an interesting ride and I will definitely make sure I stay present in each and every moment!

It's time for 2010 Yippee!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts