2009 Year of Revelations and Transitions...

This year has been a very eventful one to say the least. For me its been quite the transition after moving from my beloved California to Hawaii in January. To say that our transition was challenging would be an understatement. Nevertheless, we pushed through and got settled in. Of course for us little people, it seems like nothing but it seems like the entertainment world got rocked to its core as well this year. We've lost sooo many great people this year, especially during the summer. We had to go through the loss of Michael Jackson, the greatest performer of all time who I absolutely loved and adored. We had to say goodbye to Ted Kennedy, Bea Arthur (Golden Girls), Ed McMahon (Star Search), Farrah Fawcett (Charlie's Angels), DJ AM (Palms DJ), Chris Henry (NFL - Bengals) to name a few and now more recently Alaina Reed Hall (227, Sesame Street) and Brittany Murphy (Clueless, Happy Feet). This year has left me drained and spiritually challenged indeed. I know people always say to try to focus on the positives in life but having to deal with or hear about so much death, you can't help but to be down. However, looking on the bright side, it did give me a chance to change my perspective on some things. It not only allowed me to truly appreciate my friends and family (as I've stated in a previous post) but it also pushed me to get up and get going with my dreams and goals. I spent the entire beginning of this yr trying to find my niche in the entertainment indsutry here in Hawaii. It was a huge struggle because there wasn't much work here at all as an actress. The recession had definitely taken its toll. I was especially upset with having to deal with a military move because I had a great paying job and was in the area to succeed in the industry so I was bitter about having to move away from my dreams. It wasn't until about a month ago that I honestly had to take a step back and reevaluate why I had spent most of this yr miserable and complaining about my situation when in fact people often tell me they're envious of where I am right now. Of course that makes me feel bad and ungrateful but at the same time I do have the right to get frustrated and I've had great reasons to be frustrated. I realize now that I am exactly where God needs and wants me to be in my life. Obviously its not my time in the industry as a performer. I did however get to start up my writing again and thus this blog was created (yay!!) Also, if I weren't in Hawaii my little baby Chace wouldn't be here and I definitely can't imagine life without him. :) It's a time for family and for me to put in as much effort as possible to keep my family together and as strong and faithful as possible. It took me the whole yr to get that point from God but I GOT IT! I can't wait to put the year behind me and hope and pray for the best in 2010 but I do accept and appreciate all that's happened this year because at this moment I am happy. I'm alive, I am blessed with a lot and God has a plan for me and for that I'm eternally grateful. I wanted to add a couple of images and links from the entertainers we lost this year because they've touched my life in different ways and as a fellow thespian, I'm grateful for the hard work, dedication and true talent they portrayed. It's funny how movies and TV shows can place us at a specific time, place and feeling in our lives. I can remember exactly where I was living and what my circumstances were after viewing these pics/videos. It's just another reason why I absolutely LOVE being an actress.









Comments

Popular Posts