Haiti!

I can't think of anything else to blog about except for Haiti. I went through the day in awe and dismay. I can't believe this happened to a country that's so poor and that's going through so many issues. It's so very unfair but why would I think that because there's suffering, then that means that person, place or thing is off limits. Obviously suffering knows no boundaries.

I went to a high school in FL with 80% of the student population being Haitian so I have SOOOO many friends who are affected by this tragedy. I've contacted some of them who was happy to report that their families are accounted for but there are a few friends who's families have yet to check in. Even though I don't know these family members, I'm deeply saddened at the fact that they have no idea whether their family members are alive or not. I look at these pictures and many more as well as video footage of the disaster and it is truly catastrophic and so very sad. My heart aches for the people who's lost their lives and for those who lost everything in the 7.0 Earthquake.

It's especially sad to me because Haiti is apart of the Caribbean and is so close to Jamaica. So much so that the tremors were felt in Jamaica. Friends and family said they felt like their houses, schools, and offices rocking from side to side for a few seconds. That's just astounding to me. I can only imagine actually having to experience the shake in the middle of where it all went down.

There's so much devastation and this poor little country has no way of rebuilding without outside help. So many people have come together worldwide to help them which is so sweet and very touching.
I hope this tragedy brings all the countries together not just for a short amount of time but forever because there's a lesson to be learned here. A lesson that says no matter what religion, race or creed you are, we all can lose our lives in the blink of an eye and we're all human beings, we all deserve to have a fair chance to survive in life. I did my part by donating to the fund. Even though I did that, I still feel a bit helpless. I wish I was able to actually go there and do my part in helping them. Since that's probably not going to happen, I'll continue to pray for each and every one who lost their life that they be at peace and that those who survived find solace and strength to fight through this and try their best to thrive in society again.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to that entire country...

Comments

  1. You are right, it is overwhelming when we see tragedies like this. It's good though to talk about it to keep it out there. So often we listen to the news and promptly forget what doesn't immediately affect us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely something that must never be forgotten. It should be used as a daily reminder for us to count our blessings and be thankful for what we do have. Thank you for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts