Chilling with "President Obama!"



OMG 2010 started off GREAT!!!! First of all we rang in the new yr with tons of fireworks and great company and conversations at our friend's house here in Hawaii. Naturally we made it home late and I didn't actually fall asleep until sometime after 2 am. We had to get up at 6:45 am to get the family dressed and ready to go see President Obama.



He's here on vacation with his family and he uses the military base for some of his activities including going to the gym. So we headed over to the gym thinking we'd catch him just as he was leaving but I guess he partied hard last night because he was later than the usual time he'd been going all week. So we ended up waiting for over 2 hrs for him to finish playing basketball and despite him working out intensely for the 2 hrs, he still walked over to us and greeted each and every person in the crowd, it was sooo sweet and sooo gracious of him. He wished us all a Happy New Yr and promised us a great yr.



I was SOOOOO happy that I got to meet and shake hands with the President of the United States of America. How amazing is that? I wouldn't have preferred it any other way. I loved the fact that he was laid back and seemed so real and so approachable despite all the secret service guys around him, he's such an amazing guy. I loved the fact that I got to meet him while he was enjoying his down time, it put the crowd at ease in a way and made the experience more geniune.

I can't wait for what else is in store for 2010 but if today was any indication of what's to come, I definitely better buckle up for the ride cause it will be a sweet, sweet upward bound ride! Yippee!!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts