A Fallen Soldier - "Rachel will ALWAYS be a Marine Wife"





I'm writing with sweaty palms because I just don't know what to say or how to even say it. Earlier this week Rachel, a fellow mommy blogger & fellow Marine Wife lost her beloved hubby to the war in Afghanistan.

Even though I don't know her personally, I've truly enjoyed reading her blog and catching up on cute little stories she shares with the blogosphere about her journey in life with her adorable little baby girl Ariana and her hubby. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I read her post about how she spent March 14, 2010. Please, please, please stop by Rachel's blog "A Little Pink in a world of Camo" and leave her your words of encouragement. I couldn't help but to cry for her because she's so very young, she's lost the love of her life and a partner in parenting her gorgeous little baby girl.

In times like these all anyone can do is pray. I have no idea how Rachel even got the strength to share her story with us in such a poignant post but I'm so glad she did because we needed to know about her story. If not to grieve with her but to make sure we remember the ultimate sacrifice her hubby paid for this country. Not only did he pay the ultimate price but so did she and so did her daughter.

It's such a strange, unreal and intense feeling to know that each time your mate goes out to work there's a strong possibility that he won't return alive. It's a feeling I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. I'm SOOO very sorry for Rachel's loss.

I'm sending up a TON of prayers for Rachel and her precious daughter Ariana.


"From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country’s battles in the air, on land and sea
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marines"

Comments

  1. thank you so much for posting this. As a military wife, It's one of the biggest fears we have. I am so sorry for her loss, and though I am mourning my grandfather's passing 2 days ago, I will ask him to watch out for all 3 of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear. This is so horrible. I pray for all of you with loved ones in the military and over seas. And I thank you all for making such sacrifices for all of us..truly, THANK YOU! xoxo, hugs, I am sure this shook you up. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Lily. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll send up prayers for your family as well as Rachel's.

    Take care hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah. Yes, it definitely made my heart skip a few beats when I heard. I just feel so sad for her. I really appreciate you stopping by and for the appreciation for our sacrifice.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts