Recipe - "Chicken Cookies"


I recently got this cool recipe from my lovely Dutch friend [who can throw down in the kitchen] named Edo and figured I'd share it with everyone. It's actually chicken nuggets but a friend of ours called them "chicken cookies" to make it sound cuter.

I figured I'd list them as such to get people to click on the recipe and try em out. See how I tricked ya'll? lol

You'll need-
4 pieces of chicken breast
flour
2 tins of pineapple chunks
2 tins of tangerines or mandarin parts
1 tin of mixed pickles (You'll find these at any asian market)
2 cloves of garlic
1 egg
garlic powder
black pepper
salt
Vegetable oil
water

Ok starting off with the chicken "cookies": Cut the chicken breast in really tiny pieces-but don't use ground chicken, that loses all the texture you want. Once it's chopped up, add the egg and enough flour and water to make it a nice supple but firm batter, season with salt and pepper and garlic powder and don't be afraid to be generous with the last. Place a skillet with a generous amount of vegetable oil on a high flame and when the oil is hot scoop-using two spoons- dollops of the batter in to it. Fry till nice and golden brown. These are your "cookies".

Open all the tins and separate the fruit and pickles from the liquid they came in. Pour the liquids into a bowl and whisk in some flour to thicken it up slightly but not too much. In a wok or a big pan heat a little layer of oil, glaze the garlic (finely chopped) in it. Add the fruit and the thickened liquid, heat on medium fire till the sauce has a nice gooey thickness, add in the chicken nuggets and you're done! Serve with white rice.

Viola!!! Let me know how this turns out for ya.

Bon Appetit!

Comments

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts