Funny Kiddy Story - "Narcolepsy?"

It's Wordful Wednesdays over at Angie's spot. Click on her button below to link up and post some cute pics of your own!



This here is a pic of Munckin # 2 at the dinner table last week!




Yes folks, he's actually sleeping AND snoring at the dinner table. It seems simple enough, he's a kid and he's probably tired. What you can't see is the fact that literally SECONDS before this pic, he was up and alert and eating. This isn't the first time this happened.

Click here, here and here to see other examples of him falling in DEEP sleep at random times after being active and alert seconds before.


We get a kick outta making fun of this and even crack jokes that he's a little narcoleptic so I ran it by his doctor earlier this week when he did his check up and duh duh duh to me, apparently kids aren't supposed to be snoring so this IS a problem.

I was immediately given a referral to an ENT and his appt's booked for June.
This is something that can actually progress and lead to serious narcolepsy or other serious problems as an adult and of course I wouldn't be ok with my poor lil munchkin having to go through that so we're gonna nip it in the bud right away.

The doc was also concerned that if he continues snoring and start gasping for air while sleeping/snoring, eventually this will affect his lungs and he'll start pulling blood into his lungs. This can also cause heart problems for him. GEESH!! I had no idea a little snoring could be so harmful for kids!!

I'm just glad that I had the sense to bring it up at his appt.
Moral of the story, pay attention to these simple little things that might seem odd or funny and not too serious because they can lead to serious issues as your lil ones grow.

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

Comments

  1. Kerry love the story...nice read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow1 That's crazy. Good thing you're getting it check out though. You wouldn't want him to grow up to be like that chick from Deuce Bigelow. Please tell me you've seen that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea kids should not snore. Why haven't I heard of that??? Sleep apnea runs in our family where there are moments of stopped breathing- not good. That shouldn't ever happen or not until they are older adults. But, now I am making an note to monitor the snoring which my kids do on occasion. Funny pics and so thank you for sharing! www.breebee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like that first comment might be spam.

    That sounds kinda scary I'm glad your having him checked out. My little 4 yr old snores horribly. I never thought to mention it to the doctor. I will now though. thanks
    HOpe your little guy is going okay. keep us posted

    ya have to admit him falling asleep at the dinner table is soo funny ANd if its worth anything My grandma was like that til she was 84! She'd fall asleep all the time. WE always joked about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww poor little muchkin, but he looks so cute. I hope it's nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx for the comments and concerns ladies. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on what the ENT says.

    I'm glad I was able to alert you guys about it being an issue. Gotta make sure we look out for our lil bundles of joy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts