Funny Kiddy Story - "Pet Fly"

Happy Friday everyone!

Man it's been a while since I've written a "Funny Kiddy Story" post. Seems weird since the whole purpose of me blogging was to document my kids' funny moments.

Glad I'm getting back to basics.

Anywhoo, this "Funny Kiddy Story" comes courtesy of Munchkin # 2



Munchkin # 2 is a pretty emotional, sweet, kindhearted, thoughtful, respectful, shy and soft spoken little angel. Yes he surely does get into trouble as a typical 6 year old often does but for the most part, he's pretty helpful and an all around good kid.

So last night he decided that he was gonna capture a fly and make it a pet. Why he thought of doing this? I dunno...

First of all, the flies we have here in Hawaii are some of the toughest hardcore, heavy duty type flies I've ever come across. I can't just smack em, I have to REALLY pound em to actually kill them. Just went you think they're dead, then trick ya and pop right back up. It's SOO annoying to have to deal with because as soon as I open my door to go outside, at least 3 or 4 of these hardcore suckas fly inside. I was told that since we live so close to the beach, this is the reason for the influx in flies. Doesn't make much sense to me but whatever.

Anywhoo, back to the kiddy story. So munchkin # 2 decides to capture a fly in a bucket. Not only that, he prepped said bucket with air holes, pieces of cookies and drops of water for his new pet. LOL I'm sure he probably named the little pest too but unfortunately for him, big bro busted his plans to keep the fly as a pet so we told him to either swat it or release it.

Of course his sweet, gentle self released it outside but not without shedding a few tears.

Yes, I know this is supposed to be a funny story, hey it's hilarious to me especially since we've told him time and time again that flies aren't pet material.

I just thought it was hilarious that he made the effort to provide food and water for the little bugger and that he got so emotional about letting it go. Hey I'm not a mean mama I just don't want my kid playing with a critter that throws up every time it lands somewhere or one that likes poo piles, yuck!!

All's well that ends well, I'm sure he'll get over this little disappointment!

Have a great 4th of July weekend everyone!

Be safe and have fun!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts