Information Overload


For the past few months I've been taking on a lot of different projects. I even decided to jump into the "writing a book" realm and boy am I tired.

To recap - I decided that I'd write a "mommyhood" book about my experiences as a mom thus far. I want to make sure that the book depicts the real me and I want to keep it as honest, blunt, quirky and silly as possible. I knew it would be hard work but I don't think I was fully prepared for how much time it would take, (doh to me- I'm slow sometimes ;) ) especially having to juggle 3 kids, 1 dog, a hubby in the military and other ongoing projects.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and it's been pretty exciting writing a book. It's just soooo much info. I'm very grateful that there's so much info out there to get started on writing a book but the problem I'm now having is "information overload." There are so many different sites that I end up spending a lot of time on different sites and making notes to make sure that I don't miss anything that I now have to seriously do some strict time management to buckle down and get going at a faster pace.

On the bright side I'm LOVING the process on a whole. I'm enjoying getting to dig back into my memory bank about being a mom. It's pretty cool to see the way the words are turning out. I want to make sure that I write a book that my entire family will be proud of but one that my boys will definitely feel some sense of pride from especially since they're my inspirations for it.

I hope I can do them proud. K, back to work for me. Just wanted to do some venting.

If anyone out there in blog world has any suggestions or tips on writing a book please, please, please share. Leave me a comment, it will be VERY much appreciated. I sure could use a little direction. :)

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on the journey and of course when it's all done.

Happy Friday everyone! Have a blessed and fun weekend!

Mahalo :)

Comments

Popular Posts