Inspirational Mondays - "Refuge"

Aloha Ohana!!

What a momentous and historical occasion we've experienced. I can't begin to put into words the sense of accomplishment and relief the news of Osama's death brings to our nation. While it's a bit strange to be celebrating the death of a human being. I can't help but to feel joy over the fact that this signifies justice for what our nation went through on 9/11 and hopefully the death of an era. An era of terror and pure evil. I'm happy that our country is brave enough to stand it's ground in seeking out and getting rid of people whose sole purpose is to harm and destroy others.

While it's a great time to celebrate, I've decided to pray now more than ever for the thousands of troops, including my hubby, who are currently deployed to the middle east. It is written that as we draw closer and closer to God and his purpose in this world, the enemy will raise up and continue to attack. I know the war on terror is not over but the bible tells us to never fear, because Jesus has already paid the price for our trials and tribulations.

So through the blood of Christ Jesus I pray that this war will come to a swift end and our troops will come home as soon as possible. I know there's still work to be done to stabilize that area but I pray that the world will come together and get the task done within a short period of time.

I was moved to share these scriptures for today's post:

"You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday." - Psalm 91:5-6

"Because you have made the Lord your refuge & the most High your dwelling place. There shall be no evil befall you, now any plague or calamity come near your tent. He will give his angels special charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways of obedience and service." Psalm 91:9-11

Have a blessed and prosperous week everyone!!

Mahalo for stopping by. :)

Comments

  1. I'm with you Kerry! I didn't realize husband was deployed...I will pray for him too today!

    Have a great day on that beautiful beach, you blessed girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you are a true inspiration. Even in dark times you share the light. For that I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comments ladies. It gets hard knowing that hubby's right in the midst of all the danger in Afghan but he's prayed over on a daily basis so I know God has him covered. Just waiting for the time to fly by until we get to have him home with us.

    Have a lovely rest of your week and enjoy the weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts