Inspirational Mondays - "Kindness"


Have you ever felt like you're stuck on a hamster wheel?

There are times when I wake up feeling like I'm stuck on a hamster wheel. Sometimes I feel like I'm not truly showing up in my own life. My to do list or goal list just seems to be getting longer and longer and the time seems to be flying by without me getting a chance to catch up. I focus so much on my wants, my needs, my family, my thoughts and so on...

I've gotten so caught up with what's happening in my world that I sometimes lose track or block out others and that's just not fair. It's also totally against God's design for us. If he wanted us to just focus on ourselves then he wouldn't have created us with the capability to meet, greet, talk, hug, kiss, love, and cuddle.

So recently I've decided that every time I get this feeling I'll make it a point to help others. Even if it's just to open a door, say hi or bye, smile to a stranger, donate to a certain cause, I just want to help someone. I also decided that I'll do this strictly out of the kindness of my heart and not to expect any sort of acknowledgment or praise.

Often times people seem to think that if they help someone then they should be rewarded. The simple fact of helping isn't enough for some reason. Why is that? I'm not placing judgement at all because I've fallen victim to this way of thinking in the past.

When I think about it no matter what my current circumstances may be, somewhere in the world, someone else may be having a bad day, week, month or even year. So if I can be helpful in any way without expecting anything in return then I know that I've done what God wants me to do which is to be kind to others. After all, don't we all want others to be kind to us?

So this week's inspirational quote is a VERY popular yet simple quote:

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 7:12 New International Bible

Happy Monday everyone!!

Have a blessed and prosperous week!! :)


Comments

  1. Do unto others and you would have them do unto you? Yah, this time of the year I think especially it is easy to get caught up in the to do list and forget those around us who 'need'. I will work harder to be more aware of those in need around me as well. Thanks for the reminder Kerry. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts