And the BIG news is....I will be on "Oprah's Favorite Things 2012!!!!"

I had every intention of updating you all with what the "BIG" news was earlier but I had to wait until I got down from my high... :)

Well... I was chosen to be among the 30 lucky military spouses who will be receiving "Oprah's Favorite Things" for 2012. Ahhhhhh!!!! :) (Please click on the link to watch the commercial for the show)

I must say that it's SLOWLY starting to sink in. The entire experience from start to finish was truly remarkable and life changing. It's a time in my life I will never forget. First of all there are over 1.6 million military spouses. The fact that little ole me was asked to be apart of it is shocking! lol. 

I have to give credit to Babette Maxwell and the team of "Military Spouse Magazine" for this tremendous opportunity. If it wasn't for her hard work and dedication with making sure she gave military spouses a voice by creating "Military Spouse Magazine," then rewarding our efforts with the "Military Spouse of the Year" awards, this would not be happening to me. I am EXTREMELY grateful for the opportunity and can't seem to find the words to thank everyone involved in this momentous occasion enough. 

First of all, we were all told that we were selected to see a sneak peek of Oprah's new reality show "Married to the Army - Alaska." We were also told that Oprah wouldn't be there. So imagine our surprise when we get there, sit down, ready to preview the show and she pops out from the side. Ahhhhh!! Talk about shocking! I have no idea what my face looked like but I'm excited to see it when the show airs on Nov  28 @ 8 PM on OWN. 

Of course I can't say what we were all given, you all will have to watch the show to find out. I wanted to make sure I let you all know what was happening and share a few pics with you. 

<---- This is me, heading out to the biggest surprise of my life! :)












Oprah was absolutely gracious and so down to earth. It was such a great honor to be in her presence. Even better was the fact that they seated me next to her. I still can't believe that happened, lol. I'm a lucky and definitely blessed gal. 


I'm also excited because Oprah will be debuting a reality tv show starring military spouses called, "Married to the Army - Alaska." I have to say that OWN is the perfect network to be telling our stories as military spouses. It's so comforting because we all know that whatever Oprah touches turns to gold, plus she will most definitely ensure that we are depicted in the best light possible. I can't wait to see the show. Even though it tells the story of Army wives, we all share a common bond. No matter the branch of service, our journeys, for the most part, remain the same. I can't wait to laugh, cry and feel with these women.   

Make sure you all tune in to the 2 hour special of "Oprah's Favorite Things 2012" airing November 18th @ 8 pm EST on OWN. Also stay tuned for "Married to the Army - Alaska" immediately following the "Favorite Things" special. It's gonna be an emotional night so make sure you have your boxes of kleenex handy, I know I will. :)


                                                                              ^                                                 
                                                         Gayle & I, just hanging out. :)


Me sitting in Oprah's chair, lol. :)

Until next time... Mahalo ;)

Comments

  1. Kerry, this is some amazing news and I was anticipation but in MY wildest dreams I would have NEVER thought! How exciting for you and your family and friends. You look like you fit right in with Oprah, I love this so much. COngratulations, love, love, love it! I can't wait to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlece! I'm still in la la land about the opportunity. :) Thanks in advance for watching the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts