Inspirational Mondays - "Encounter with God"

Aloha and Happy Monday Ohana!



Before I get into the usual inspirational post I wanted to share what I did this past weekend. I had the tremendous opportunity to get closer to God.

I was raised in the church and was taught the fear of God from a very young age. Luckily for me I never lost my way from the way of the Lord. I did however, "scale the line." The line of jumping full force into my walk with God and jumping into the ways of the world. I went to church, read my bible, prayed and did good deeds. What I didn't do until now was to totally devote myself to God. I didn't always wake up early enough to give God his glory and start the day with him. I didn't always devote my night to him before going to bed. I didn't always keep the best set of friends. I tried my best to do these things but didn't think anything of it if I missed the chance to do them. I know I'm not perfect and I know God understands when we fall short. What matters is recognizing the wrongs and doing the necessary steps it takes to make them right, then continue making right decisions for the future.

I thought I was being a good Christian but God wants more from us. He wants all of us. He wants us to think of him in all we do and in all we say. He wants us to wake up and give him praises, he wants us to invite him to walk with us for our entire day, each and every day.

My church here in Hawaii provides the congregation with various classes designed to help us grow closer, understand and truly love God. So I dedicated my entire weekend to taking classes and really getting my spiritual fix. I now feel so refreshed and free. Free from all transgressions and ready for a new day and a new way of living.

I learned a WHOLE lot in class this past weekend but a cool saying I was taught was that God wants us to be "H.O.T" for him. "H.O.T" meaning "Honest," "Open," & "Transparent." We can even take it further and be "H.O.T.A" for him. "H.O.T.A." meaning "Honest," "Open," "Transparent," & "Accountable." Isn't that great? Yes, you can steal it. ;) lol

I'm now in a place where I can't wait to wake up and talk to God. I can't wait to ask him to hang out with me for the whole day. I can't wait to praise him in the good and the bad. I feel myself getting more mature in God and I'm so happy about it. :)

Today's inspirational quote is:

"Let us with a happy mind praise the Lord for he is kind. His mercies shall endure, ever faithful, ever sure." "His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness... The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." - Lamentations 3:22-23, 25 NIV

Isn't God's grace and mercy for us awesome?!

Have a blessed and prosperous week everyone.

Mahalo for stopping by. :)

Comments

  1. Beautiful post. I know exactly how you feel, I'm trying to shift from just getting by to being fully devoted. I don't want to be the lukewarm soup that is spewed from God's mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll. Glad it touched you. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kerry, I call this TRANSFORMATION, dying to flesh? Sounds like you are in this place. I love that, and it is so rewarding to see the Lord work, He is amazing, He is it!
    I love that you shared this with us! I feel like skipping and praising the Lord.
    Love, Marlece

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one awesome post Kerr, Love that the Holy Spirit is alive in you. I'm right there with you and working to become more and more obedient in my daily walk. Dying to the flesh daily and being overwhelmed with excitement to live for His will, trusting in Him always. Wooo wooo. So exciting lol. Love you kiddo, happy for ya. Kiss the boys for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO much for the encouragement guys. It's like I dropped layers and layers of blinders I had on about being a Christian and now I just want more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is great isn't he! I am so happy that God has spoken into your heart and made this transformation. I'm always so encouraged when someone just wants more. I really hope you have a great week, and keep growing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts