Inspirational Mondays - "Please Give"

Inspirational Mondays!


Time for a little inspiration to get you through your week.

I was reading "A Small Child's Book of Prayers" to munchkin # 3 the other day. I came across a really great prayer that seems really simple but can actually put a lot into perspective for our daily lives.

It goes:

"Please give me what I ask, Dear Lord,
If you'd be glad about it.
But if you think it's not for me,
Please help me do without it." - Anonymous


This simple little prayer kind of stumped me because so many times I hope and pray for certain things or a certain path in life only to find out that that specific path is not my own. I've had to learn to trust God COMPLETELY and stop trying to be a passenger seat driver. Of course it's easier said than done but at least simple prayers like these are out there as a friendly reminder that what we think we need, deserve or want may not be what's best for us.

I hope this message touches you all just as much as it did me.

Have a blessed and prosperous week Ohana!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts