"Danny the Dragon meets Jimmy" - Book Review



Review for "Danny the Dragon meets Jimmy"

Written By: Tina Turbin

Nothing in this world is more important to me than my children. I’m always striving to set them up for as bright a future as possible. With that comes the responsibility of making sure they receive top notch education because after all, a proper education will define their future.

In our household reading is extremely fundamental because it was like that in my household growing up and I loved that. I’m an avid reader. I just love being able to get lost in a good story no matter the genre. So as soon as my kids were born I bought tons of books to get them used to story time. As soon as they could read, I made sure to provide them with enough books to keep their imaginations flowing.

When asked to review Tina Turbin’s newest children’s book and CD named “Danny the Dragon meets Jimmy,” of course I jumped at the chance. This book was not only great, it was interesting, cleverly written and provided wholesome, well mannered characters which definitely helps drive home another point I strive to make in my household. The CD version is absolutely brilliant. First of all, it's rare to see a children's book that comes with a great CD [notice I said great;)] so Tina gets extra points for providing a disc which of course comes in handy if you have a child that's visually impaired.

Tina provides you with the entire story in an audio version followed by some amazing, serene, classical music that gets you in the mood to read for hours on end or gets your imagination going. When my children first listened to it, they started jumping around as if they were in medieval times with armors and swords on [Not to say that the music triggers war behavior or anything like that]. I just think it's awesome that they enjoyed the disc so much that it got their creative juices flowing to make something up on the spot, plus they're boys so I guess it was to be expected.

Tina’s writing style is unique and refreshing in the sense that you can truly get lost in the story. The journey she takes you on from the first time Jimmy meets Danny while on a family outing to the time the family accepts Danny as family is exciting and tremendously thought provoking. I especially LOVE the fact Danny is so well mannered and extremely helpful and friendly. I know a great story when I read it and this is most definitely a great story.

I sometimes feel that authors who write children’s story don’t truly go into extreme detail with the story line, character development and overall content but this is not the case with Tina. She tells the story in such a way that it leaves you wanting more. After reading this book and listening to the CD, my children and I wanted to know what’s next for Danny and Jimmy. My children are already excited about reading it again. It's one of those stories that you can read over and over and will never get tired of. I'm not just saying all of this to be nice, reading is just that important to me and of course I give kudos to anyone who can trigger my children's imagination in a positive way. The good thing about it all is that there will be more "Danny the Dragon" books [awesome!!]. Tina's bringing Danny to life in a series of "Danny the Dragon" books which will include a set of cook books. Yay!! I'll definitely be looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Tina Turbin (http://TinaTurbin.com) is a widely-acclaimed, award-winning children's published author, writer, researcher, humanitarian and mother. Working for many years with children in the Entertainment Business, Tina has always been an advocate for families, women’s issues, and celiac and gluten issues as a way to improve the quality of lives of others (http://GlutenFreeHelp.info). As a member and contributing writer for such distinguished organizations as the National Association of Baby Boomer Women (NABBW), National Association of Divorced Women and Children (NADWC), Baby Boomer Knowledge Center, National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA), Awareness Magazine and numerous other publications, her indispensable advice on the topics of family, children's literacy, gluten, celiac disease and issues affecting women and children has proven invaluable to many. Tina is proud to work closely with the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University Medical Center in raising funds and awareness for celiac research, and she is also a tireless supporter and friend to the community through her readings of her delightful Danny the Dragon children’s series (http://DannyTheDragon.com) at libraries, schools and hospitals. Proud member of the Association of Booksellers for Children (ABC), the Southern Independent Booksellers Association (SIBA) the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and the Florida Association for Media in Education (FAME).


Make sure you log on to www.dannythedragon.com to purchase your copy of "Danny the Dragon meets Jimmy". While you're there, check out the cool kids contest Tina's having and other fun little things you can purchase or read up on including everything you need to know about a Gluten free diet. It really is a great buy and a story your kids will truly enjoy and appreciate for years to come. :)

Comments

  1. Happy FF! I'm a new follower. Come by visit me at my blog.
    Have a great day:)
    Anat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found your great blog through Fri Follow. I'm now following!

    http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies.

    Thanks for the follow. I'll be sure to return the favor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new FF follower and would love to have you stop by and follow me!
    http://dimes2vines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Thanks for stopping by. I'm following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerry. Stopping in from Friday Follow. Have a great weekend. Tami www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to find someone else reviewing this book. I am waiting for my copy to arrive!

    Stopping by with Friday Follow. Hope you had a fantastic week.

    Felissa

    http://www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com

    http://www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My three year old loves to read.Loved your review. That sounds like a great book! I'm a new follower. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following you back! Nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids will cry , throw a fit if I don't read to them one night or when they want a book! I've created story monsters. lol but I love that they love their books. This seems an interesting one too.

    I'm visiting to ensure i was following you and now I am!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies for the Friday Follow and for stopping by to say hi.

    As for the book- if you're looking for a great book that teaches kids to use good manners, this is definitely the book for your family.

    Felissa - I'll be sure to stop by to check out your review as well.

    JamericanSpice- My kids fuss over not getting to read too. lol. I'm glad they're at the age where they can read to themselves or read me a book, it makes things a lot easier on me especially with a newborn. I love that they're so invested in reading though.

    Have a lovely rest of weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

C'mon show me some Comment love!!! I LOVE me some comments. ;)

Popular Posts